I’ve been back from an epic 10-day vacation to Legoland and Disney World for a few weeks now and I am totally feeling the post-vacation blues. Does anyone else experience that? When you plan and save for a vacation of this magnitude for as long as we did, it becomes a part of your life and it’s kind of sad when it’s over. Deep down, I’m ready to book our return to Disney like right now! But, I also need a break. Does that make sense?
All that to say, we had so. much. fun! This trip was therapeutic and exactly what we needed after the year we have had. We laughed and cried tears of joy on this trip. Today I’m going to share what our schedule looked like as well as pictures (lots of pictures!).
Here is the schedule we followed for this trip:
- Day 1: Picked Zoey up from school after lunch and drove down to the Atlanta, GA vicinity (6-hour drive). We had dinner (it was my 33rd birthday!) and spent the night in a hotel south of the city.
- Day 2: Completed the drive down to Winter Haven, FL (6-hour drive); checked into Legoland Beach Retreat.
- Day 3: Legoland park all day!
- Day 4: Checked out of Legoland; went to Disney Springs (45-min drive); checked into Art of Animation.
- Day 5: Disney Park Day 1 > Epcot
- Day 6: Disney Park Day 2 > Magic Kingdom
- Day 7: Disney Park Day 3 > Hollywood Studios
- Day 8: Disney Park Day 4 > Magic Kingdom [Mickey’s “Not So Scary” Halloween Party]
- Day 9: Disney Park Day 5 > Animal Kingdom
- Day 10: 12-hour Drive home (boo, hiss)
Here are some pictures and minor details to recap our experience: