Hi! My name is Jessi and I’m so glad you’re here.
I’m a christian wife and mother who has struggled with PCOS + infertility for nearly a decade. One year of fertility treatment brought us Zoey Liz, born at 35 weeks on 03.24.10. Together, we survived a scary vasa previa pregnancy and premature birth with a one-month NICU stay. When she was two, my husband and I started the journey to grow our family, but PCOS made it very challenging. After over 5 years of waiting, we finally got pregnant naturally and were incredibly surprised! Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in miscarriage and we are back to waiting. My writing has been seen on Liberating Working Moms (no longer around), Babble, ABC News, and FertilityAuthority. I’m the Children’s Ministry Director at my church and I love working with little children more than anything.
This blog shares my journey of fighting infertility and embracing motherhood. It’s a place for me to be transparent, through the good and the bad. I would love for this space to inspire other women to never give up on the dream of being a mother. As someone who has struggled with her body, I understand how painful the journey can be. While this blog was originally founded as a place to focus on infertility, it has become so much more.
What you will see on this blog:
- Infertility: It’s hard, it’s not fun, but it’s real life and I’m always going to write about it. Read more specifics on our Infertility Journey and our TTC Timeline here: Infertility + TTC Timeline
- Motherhood: I’m blessed to be a mom. Please know up front that I will discuss motherhood here. I know I am blessed to experience motherhood after infertility, and while I try to be sensitive to my followers who haven’t conceived yet, I am a mom… I want to share that part of my life.
- Pregnancy and Miscarriage: Two subjects we never want to be together, but they will both be discussed here.
- Health Tips: Not everything you read online is truth, but I do my best to present the info. Being healthy in spite of PCOS is important to me.
- Gardening: I like to grow things. And then eat them.
- Food: I love to eat. You know, like the things I grow…
- The 21-Day Fix: I’m not a coach and I no longer drink Shakeology, but I love the program and will share my meal plans and recipes here.
- Vacations: I love documenting our little travel adventures!
This is my story. Will you join me?