Today you are leaving behind single-digit ages for the rest of your life! You have officially completed a decade. You’re a double-digit girl now! Ten is such a special age in youth. You’re changing week by week in so many ways. We can see a dramatic difference between when you turned 9 to now. People always say that it goes by so fast, and they were not kidding. Where did this year go?!
Here are some things that happened during your 9th year:
- You became a Junior in Girl Scouts and started working toward your Bronze Award, which is the highest award for Juniors.
- You got to go to your 2nd Johnnyswim concert and first ever at the historic Ryman Auditorium.
- You finished 3rd grade on the honor roll and started 4th!
- You flew in an airplane for the first time ever!
- You went to Disney World for the 3rd time in your life and your last time as a “child”. Now they consider you an adult!
- We publicly announced our plans to adopt, which turned into embryo adoption before we knew it!
- You got to experience a lot of what goes on in the world of infertility treatments, from attending ultrasounds to the transfer itself. You’ve seen more than most kids ever will when it comes to assisted reproduction.
- You gained another cousin to love.
- You completely conquered your “stage freight” and not only played a role in Mary Poppins Junior, but had a SOLO!
- You lost a lot of baby teeth this year. You kept the tooth fairy very busy and very broke!
- You decided to quit gymnastics after doing it for a year and a half, and we fully supported your decision.
- You got to visit Rock City and the Tennessee Aquarium.
- You fell in love with Stranger Things and even went as Eleven for Halloween.
- You joined a local community choir for a semester and got to sing and perform with your closest childhood friends.
- You got to experience your first (and I pray your LAST) global pandemic…
While these are all the events that shaped your 9th year, so much more happened. You’re starting to blossom into a preteen before our very eyes. You’re exhibiting a lot of wisdom that makes us so proud. You’re not afraid to stand up for Biblical truth, even if you’re the only one in class to do so. You’re brave and resilient, yet very sensitive. You’re strongwilled and a leader, that’s for sure. Those leadership skills are going to take you really far in life once you learn how to manage them. 😉
Ten is a milestone age, but who knew we’d end up spending it in the midst of a global pandemic?! I’m so sorry that your birthday party and sleepover with your best friend have been postponed, but I hope you had just as much fun with your two old parents while in our quarantine.
And I’m sorry you sprained your wrist and fractured your tailbone on one of your birthday presents, but I am proud of you for being ready to get back on and conquer it! We’ll wait until you’re healed though. 😉
You’ll never forget this birthday, that’s for sure!
Before you were born, we dreamed of who you would be, but you are more than we could have ever imagined. It’s been such an honor to raise you and we can’t wait to see what your 10th year brings. We love you so much, sweet Peach. Never forget who you are and whose you are.
Mommy and Daddy