I’ve been really quiet lately when it comes to infertility and where I stand.
Ever since the last round of Follistim failed, I’ve been up and down when it comes to what is next for us. I don’t have much of an update, but I figured one was due.
- I’m on my 3rd round of taking Conceivable and following their program. Round 1 was a perfect cycle, Round 2 was close (but not quite as perfect – late ovulation, short luteal phase), and now I’m on Round 3. I will say, my periods have been SO MUCH BETTER since starting Conceivable. The length is the same (7-8 days), but the clotting is non-existent now and it’s just healthier flow all together. Huge improvement from the 7-8 days with heavy clotting I was experiencing previously. Now to get it down to the 4-5 days I’ve been told is supposed to be normal…
- I’m down 22 lbs and am hoping to get 5 more in to reach my secondary goal, but it’s a process. I still drink Shakeology every day and love it, love it, love it. I was stuck at the 20-lb mark for several weeks but after taking a couple breaks from working out to give my body a rest, the weight loss is finally picking back up.
- Glenn and I are still paying off a lot of medical bills after my episode with gastritis and his shoulder dislocation, including fighting his physical therapy clinic for having us over-pay by nearly $400 that I have since demanded we get back immediately. Word of advice: don’t ever, EVER pay “a down payment towards your final balance” if you don’t have a co-pay on your insurance. We don’t have a copay, but they said we hadn’t met our deductible yet. I knew it was fishy and I pushed back, but lost the battle. I knew the ER visit would go towards the deductible but because the hospital is a big slow poke when it comes to filing, the claims got crossed. Long story short, we severely over-paid and now they owe us money back that we have to wait on so we can apply it towards the correct bills. #AngryWife
- Our 13-year-old dog Lily had a tumor removed from her back leg on Tuesday, which means another chunk of change we have to pay off, but her life should be greatly extended now. Here’s hoping we get to experience her joy for a few more years. We don’t know if the tumor is cancerous yet, but the vet thinks it’s benign. Good news is her blood work was perfect for being 13 years old. She’s probably in better health than me!
- I continue to pray about whether it’s time to give up trying to conceive a baby of our own, or whether I should move on to adoption. God’s answer continues to be “wait” and I continue to say “okay”, but I’m not always gracious about it.
- I’m going to start selling some baby and toddler items. I know, I know… but please understand this isn’t my way of giving up, but more my way of releasing the hold on items that I don’t need. Items that don’t hold special significance and can go to a new family. We have so much stuff in this house, and being that Zoey is now 6 and I’m still not pregnant, it’s time to just release certain items and move on. I’m keeping my cloth diaper stash and furniture (crib, changing table), but will be selling the bedding, any large toys we still have, etc. I am also thinking about going through Zoey’s baby clothes again and releasing those as well. It’ll be harder to do that because I have already gone through them once… but I think it’s time to again. Some of this I am struggling with but I also know it’s time to let go.
- I’m praying about a trip to Asia next year and whether it’s something in God’s plan for me. I would get the opportunity to love on some babies in an orphanage. Sure, it sounds like a great opportunity, but whether it’s right for me is another thing. So if you would, please join me in praying over this. It would require a lot of commitment pretty far in advance… financially and otherwise. I’ve already come to the conclusion that I will never say “no” to something based on the possibility of pregnancy because I can’t live life that way anymore. So if this is God’s will, He’ll work out the details and put peace in my heart. That is my prayer.
So, that’s pretty much it for me. Not much, I know, but I really wanted to put something out there and where I stand. I’m fine. Really, I am. Some days are harder than others, but overall I’m doing okay. Zoey continues to ask for a sibling but we’re doing the best we can to help her understand the waiting process we’re in. It’s not easy… but we’re doing the best we can.