As I have in previous years, I wanted to share what we put in Zoey’s Easter basket this year. I love customizing a basket for her every year. I steer clear of the pre-made baskets at the store because I enjoy taking the time to put something together that is reflective of her interests. While there are some really cute pre-made options (especially with themes!) available for busy moms, they’re not for me personally.
Every year, we do a cube storage bin for her “basket” so she has something practical to use throughout the year and not just another basket collecting dust, wasting space or going in the trash. I found a really cute one at Target (as always) that matches her bedroom so well, it was just meant to be.
I don’t do a lot of candy or sweets because she gets plenty at the church Easter Egg Hunt, plus at school when they have their Spring party. Oh, and let’s not forget the candy she still hasn’t eaten from Christmas… or Halloween. It never ends. So really, when it comes to Easter, I stick to a couple of the traditional items she likes that she won’t get otherwise, like Peeps and Cadbury Eggs.
Here is what we put into her basket this year:
The Fun Stuff
- 2 Books: The Super Gifts of Spring and The Special Gifts of Summer (aff links). She already had the Winter and Fall versions of these books and we love them so much that I had to complete the collection for her!
- Water balloons (I’m going–I mean… SHE is going to have a lot of fun with these over the summer, heh heh…)
- Large bubble wand
- Scented glitter pens (Target $1 bin, folks. Best ever!)
- My Little Pony battery-powered toothbrush
- My Little Pony mouth wash
- Princess stickers (for her Disney scrapbook!)
- Nail polish
- Flower bobby pins (she always gets something cute for her hair in her basket)
- Stick of Peeps
- 2 Cadbury creme eggs
- Chocolate bunny
That’s it! We kept it simple this year, especially with her birthday being on top of Easter, but she loved it and that’s all that matters.