So, I know I have been extremely quiet lately, and for that I’m sorry! Christmas and New Years kept me really busy, which is a good thing because it was a much needed distraction. Here’s an update on what has happened since the IUI:
- IUI Day: Just like last time, it was pretty uncomfortable, but it seemed like the process went faster this time, which is a good thing. Glenn fed me Sour Patch Kids, and it was a welcomed distraction to the uncomfortable process.
- 4dpIUI: I started vaginal Crinone progesterone gel and immediately started having a burning sensation (shoot me) as well as deep cramping in my uterus and lower back. I’m talking full on period-like cramps, deep tissue pains. This went on for several days, and I started to get worried that something was wrong. The weirdest part is it was hitting like clockwork – always at 6:00 PM. Then it started to arrive in the mornings as well, and I knew something was up. I looked up Crinone symptoms online and found that it aligned with what I was experiencing. Normally I’d just suck it up and deal with it, but the fact is it was so bad that I needed Tylenol to take the edge off every single day, and I couldn’t function without it. Uterine cramps I can deal with… lower back I cannot.
- 7dpIUI: I switched from Crinone gel to Prometrium pills, and the symptoms starts to subside. I felt so much better within a couple of days and only experienced minor aches and pains once I was fully on Prometrium.
- 11dpIUI: Yesterday! I celebrated the fact that I officially made it 1 day further than I did last cycle after my IUI. Last time, on 10dpIUI, I was shocked to find out that the cycle was already over. I was crushed. So yesterday, when 11dpIUI hit, I rejoiced. In the evening I had some more cramps and back pain, but it was nowhere near what it was on Crinone, and I didn’t need to take anything to relieve it.
- 12dpIUI: TODAY! Hopefully when this post went live, I didn’t wake up to spotting or a new cycle. Up to now, things look good. The progesterone is carrying me further than last cycle and I feel so much hope. The two-week-wait has been rough with the aches and pains, but making it this far feels pretty good.
That’s where I’m at. I’m anxiously awaiting, cautiously optimistic, and hopeful. My hCG beta + progesterone draw is in two days… if I make it there without bleeding, I’ll be grateful!