I’ve been unresponsive lately. Sorry about that. There’s just nothing new to report. I’ve been unresponsive here because my body has been unresponsive over the past 37 days. This is my follow-up to my last post about trying Femara for the first time.
I had my follicle ultrasound on CD 15 and walked in with high hopes. When we were trying for Zoey, my ovaries responded really well to Clomid. Each cycle got better and better, but I did well. The side effects were not fun, but in the end it was worth it. So there I was on CD 15, laying on the ultrasound table, as the tech very quietly navigated my ovaries, sighing every once in a while. I watched her take measurements of the follicles and knew what I was seeing. Lots and lots of 7s, 8s, 9s… back to back all over the place. She moved on to the next ovary and the search continued. In the end, the largest one she found was a 12. For that day in the cycle, that was not good and is considered unresponsive.
You can imagine how devastated I was to leave that appointment and to get a positive OPK when I got home. It was like a slap in the face. That size 12 was worthless so to ovulate was a wasted effort.
My body ended up failing on that ovulation… according to my chart, it never happened. I waited and waited. It wasn’t until CD 23 that I finally ovulated. I went in for a P4 at 7DPO and was not surprised that it was only a 9 because my temp took a nose dive that morning. My chart is confused because I had a positive OPK and didn’t ovulate off of it. I am confused as to how I didn’t respond to Femara. In case you’re a temper/charter and are curious, this is what I’ve been dealing with this month:
I had that P4 on CD 30. Notice how AFTER it, my temps shot up. I think I had a delay in progesterone rise because I clearly ovulated. I wonder what my level would have been on CD 34.
So what’s the plan? My doctor wants to double the Femara this next round. I have mixed feelings. I really think that if this next try isn’t successful, I’m going to stop for a while. At least until after our vacation in July, and after my next annual exam with her, which should be in September. The medical bills are going to start coming in and I’m not taking away saving for our vacation for this. I think my brain needs a rest. We’re creeping up on a year of actually trying to grow our family and it’s wearing on my mind.
It should not be this hard.